everyone counts
personal injury | car accidents

Injured in a car crash? As an experienced Montana car accident lawyer, let me help

Car accidents according to Montana’s Highway Patrol, in 2018 Montana had 152 deaths resulting from car accidents, 554 serious injuries resulting from car accidents, and 3183 accidents in which other injuries were reported. In 2018 a total of 22734 car accidents were reported to the Montana Highway Patrol.

If you were injured in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, whether by suffering injuries or losing a loved one in an accident, contact CD MEYER LAW FIRM. For roughly two decades I have worked with individuals and families, helping them recover the compensation to which they are entitled as a result of car accidents. I have experience and skill that can help you. I am here to fight for you and your rights.

Call me at (406) 522-0067 or contact me using the contact form to learn how I can help you after an accident.

The National Trial Lawyers
9.1Christopher D Meyer

What to do after a car accident

Always there are certain things you can do after an accident.

Get medical attention.
You should take stock of your and your passengers’ physical condition after a crash. If you are injured, then you should get medical help.

Call the police.
Regardless of whether anyone is hurt, you must file a police report regarding an accident. Call 911 or your local police’s nonemergency number to report the accident.

Collect information.
If you are able to do so without aggravating your injury, then ask for the other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information. If there are witnesses, ask for their names and contact information.

If you are injured in a car accident,
then you should speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as you can. At CD MEYER LAW FIRM, I will help you get the information you need after an accident, I will investigate the accident, and I will help you with your case.

Common causes of car accidents in Montana

Collisions may occur because of

• Speeding
• Distracted driving
• Fatigue
• Drunk driving 
• Reckless driving
• Failing to yield right of way
• Driving too fast for road conditions (snow, ice, rain, etc)
• Driving wrong way.

Car Accident Injuries

Although some car accidents involve minor collisions with no injuries, many crashes involve substantial collisions and result in serious injuries. Common car accident injuries include but are not limited to

• Whiplash and related neck injuries
• Soft tissue strains and injuries
• Lacerations
• Facial disfigurement and scarring
• Broken teeth
• Broken bones
• Concussions
• Traumatic brain injuries
• Hearing loss (airbag explosions)
• Spinal cord injuries

If you are injured in a car accident in Montana, then you should contact me.

I will review your situation and advise you about the potential value of your claim. Although insurance companies may push you for an early settlement of your claims, you may need considerable time to know the impact of injuries on your life and work. I will help you evaluate your injuries, deal with insurance companies, and advocate tenaciously for you.

Car Accident Compensation

The possible value of your claims from a car accident depends upon the nature and extent of your injuries. For injuries you suffer because of someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to recover your full damages.

“Recover” is the critical word. Your compensation is not a gift but it is the law’s attempt to compensate you for your losses resulting from an accident. Car accident compensation, or damages, typically include past and future

• Medical bills
• Lost income
• Disability
• Disfigurement
• Pain and suffering
• Emotional distress
• Loss of consortium
• Property damages

In addition to compensatory damages you may also be entitled to punitive damages that are intended to punish a wrongdoer. Punitive damages are rarely awarded in car accident cases, but they may be available in extreme situations in which a driver is extraordinarily reckless. If you were injured in such a case, then please call me at (406) 522-0067.

Making a car accident claim

If you were injured in a car accident, then please call me to talk about your options. After car accidents, injured people often, and understandably, try to get compensation by dealing directly with the insurance company for the other driver or with their own insurance company. As straightforward as that may sound, the process can rapidly become confusing and unfair, and insurance companies may treat you unfair. These are reasons why it can be important to work with an experienced attorney. An insurance adjuster will ask you for a statement about the accident, for documentation like a police report, and for medical records concerning your injuries. I can help you respond to those requests to ensure that your responses are as accurate and also as complete as they can be, thereby maximizing your chances that the insurance company will agree to your claim. And when appropriate I will negotiate on your behalf to seek a higher settlement than you are offered, fighting to get you the most compensation possible for your injuries.

In many cases you will need to file a personal injury lawsuit to obtain full and fair compensation. For example, if you were hit by an uninsured or under insured driver, or if the insurer denies your claim, then you may need a lawsuit to recover compensation. And if you file a lawsuit then you will be entitled to the discovery process in which you can obtain important information and evidence about the other driver’s fault and history.

If you were injured in a car accident and have questions about the insurance claim process or about lawsuits arising from car accidents, then please contact me

Typical insurance issues

Claims against insurance companies sometimes go smoothly, but there are times when you will benefit from the help of an experienced attorney. Typical insurance issues that can arise after a car accident include

Insurance claim denials
If you believe that your claim was wrongly denied, then please call me as soon as you can.

Low ball offers
Insurers may quickly offer you a low settlement offer, then push you to take the offer. You should be skeptical of any initial offer. It may be far less than the compensation to which you are entitled under Montana law. You have the right to say no to insurance company offers and to seek higher settlements.

Bad faith
Under Montana law insurance companies must treat you fairly and process your claim in good faith. If you feel that you have been unfairly treated or that the insurance company is acting in bad faith, then please call me. You may have a claim against an insurance company because of its bad faith.

Fatal Car Accidents
If you lost a loved one due to an accident, then please give me a call. I will investigate what happened and advise you about filing a wrongful death lawsuit. If you are a family member of someone killed in a car accident, then you may have the right to file a lawsuit to get compensation for

• Medical bills
• Funeral and burial expenses
• Loss of inheritance
• Loss of the loved one’s financial contributions to your family
• Loss of love and companionship
• Loss of the loved one’s services


After being injured in a car accident or losing a loved one, you can give me a call or email me.

With many years of experience, I will fight for the full fair compensation you deserve. I will thoroughly investigate your case and advise you about the best steps you can take to protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.


In personal injury cases I represent clients on a contingent fee basis, charging a fixed percentage of any fees recovered by settlement, arbitration, or verdict. If there is no recovery, then I take no fee. Depending upon the case I may require that a client, regardless of the outcome of his case, pay for all costs and expenses in his case. In those cases, I put that requirement in our written fee agreement.

Contact us today